Friday, October 18, 2013

i'm baaack for Friday Fives!

Hiya dolls,

Long time, no see :) Life got crazy and I remembered that I had a wedding to plan, completely out of nowhere! Whoops! Anyway, I'm back in action now and some great stuff is going on around these parts so here we go...



ONE -- KITCHEN DEMOLITION
It's begun! Our contractor started work today remodeling our kitchen. We've had all of our appliances in the garage since we moved in and we're officially 3ish weeks away from having working appliance inside of our house! We're painting and re-situating the cabinets, getting new hardware, and installing new granite! Weeeeee! It's going to look nothing like this forest green and brass shiz anymore:

TWO -- BLATES
I lost my blating virginity to a bunch of sweet Cincinnati bloggers on Wednesday! It was a big ol' fiesta at a local Mexican restaurant, complete with GRATIS cupcakes! Is there seriously anything better than girl time, Mexican food, and giant cupcakes?! I think not :) We got delicious cupcakes from Gigi's, which is apparently really close to my house and officially really bad for any faux wedding diet that I keep promising myself I'm going on SOON...

THREE -- WEEKEND GETAWAYS
We're heading to Gatlinburg, TN with a bunch of Bryan's friends and their significant others the last weekend in October and I'm so excited! I've never been to Gatlinburg, but the idea of shacking up in a cabin away from technology for a few days is my kind of fantasy these days (too. much. work.) I am counting the seconds already...

FOUR -- MARSHALL'S
My sweet friend, Carly, is the QUEEN of shopping at Marshall's. She seriously always finds the cutest dresses and outfits at that place. I am one of the laziest shoppers (99% of my clothes shopping is done online) so I try to stay so far away from any store that doesn't have a website so I can find exactly what I'm looking for as soon as I arrive at the store, like Forever 21, TJ Maxx, or any of those other crazy stores full of treasures that I'm too lazy to find. Well, I finally forced myself into Marshall's and found such a flattering dress that I'm wearing to a wedding this weekend! And for under $30! Thanks, Car ;)

FIVE -- APPRECIATING WHAT I'VE GOT
I've spent my weekdays so caught up in the drama and stress of work that sometimes I forget to just look around and appreciate what I've got (and what is NOT stressing me out). Bryan is such a rock for me despite my never-ending mood swings and crankiness lately. I know it's not always fun to be around me after I have a bad day at work, but he sticks it out and is always bringing calm back into my life. Lucky hardly describes it. My sweet pup is pretty perfect, too.

(Linking up with Lindsey and Natasha)

And now I'm off to Louisville for a wedding and some drunk time with some of my favorite people.. followed by some farm time :) Hope you all have wonderful weekends and I'll be back and better at blogging next week!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Doll! I love that you have a wedding countdown haha how clever! And Marshal's are you kidding?! I love that place =] Glad I found you at Jennie's link up, you've got a follower in me now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found you on the linkup...and happy to be following along now!! YAY! :)

    we're getting ready to remodel our kitchen too. looking forward to seeing how yours turns out as well!! LOVE marshalls (and tjmaxx!)...and AMEN to appreciating what you've got.

    happy weekend, beauty!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're back!! and I want to see this $30 dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the kitchen being under way! Can't wait to see the final result!! And suuuuuuper jelly of your blate group!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the kitchen redo! I cant wait to see it all done =)
    Thanks so much for linking up with me today! Make sure you enter to win my giveaway from Wednesday, http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Newest follower here :) I found your cute blog through the link-up today. How exciting about your kitchen? I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What in the world is blates?! Im so intrigued lol. Anything with Mexican food and cupcakes has got to be wonderful ! Have a great weekend :)
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to meet you this week!! And oh my goodness, I'm completely the same exact way...TJ Max and Marshall's is so hard to shop at for me...too much work. However, people find the best deals there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Gatlinburg! It's only 2.5-3 hours away from us, & I've been itching to go! We love that area!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad I got to meet you!!! :) Have fun in Gatlinburg, I LOVE it there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting that you are remodeling your kitchen! I am so envious :D I would love to get granite counter tops! One day, ha ha.
    Yay for getting to go on a giant blate and meet a bunch of bloggers! It's so exciting getting to meet with bloggers.
    So much fun happening ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm currently wedding planning too :) I can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous of the blogger meet up! I need some blogger friend time in my life ASAP! Oh, and I totally get down at Marshall's and all those stores.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting that you get to fix your kitchen up! I'm sure it will look amazing when it's finished! Also, how fun that you get to go to Gatlinburg this fall! We went a few years ago and it was so nice to be able to sit in a cabin and enjoy friendships!

    ReplyDelete